Benefit Baby Oil Not Just for Babies
Benefit Baby Oil Not Just for Babies – Although Benefit Baby Oil means oil for the baby, the benefits of products that are easily found everywhere is not only intended for infants and children. Adults can also take advantage of baby oil.
Baby oil is mineral oil which has been given extra fragrance. Mineral oil itself is a petroleum distillate that is colorless and odorless. In addition to mineral oil, baby oil also contained in lanolin, which is a type of wax that is secreted from the sebaceous glands (the glands that produce the skin’s natural moisturizer) sheep.
Mineral oil and lanolin contained in baby oil could equally be used as a moisturizer to treat or prevent dry skin, rough, scaly, itching, irritation, diaper rash and sunburn due to radiation therapy. In addition, two of these substances also help make cells exfoliate dead skin, keep the skin moist, and makes the skin feel smooth and soft. Here are some of the benefits of baby oil on the other:
Benefit Baby Oil For infants and children
- For infants and children, baby oil is best used as a massage oil for the skin and the body of a newborn baby. However, do not use baby oil as a moisturizer, because the skin of a newborn baby can not absorb the oil well.
- Treating cradle cap. Cradle cap or seborrheic dermatitis usually appear on the head, eyebrows, eyelids, sides of the nose, ear or behind the baby. Cradle cap appears when infants aged 1-2 months and is caused by excess oil.
- Cradle cap make baby’s skin becomes scaly and red beruam. To treat cradle cap, the best way is to use a special shampoo, baby oil, or certain creams and lotions. But unfortunately, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says if the baby oil is not expected to help overcome cradle cap. Baby oil instead allegedly made cradle cap can multiply and worse.
- Treat diaper rash. Do not forget to clean and dry the baby’s skin well before applying baby oil.
- Prevent eczema. Eczema is a condition that makes the skin becomes red and itchy. Eczema is caused by dry skin often occurs in children. If the child is very dry skin, try rubbing baby oil after a shower.
Benefit Baby Oil For adults
- For breastfeeding mothers who nipples dry or chapped, apply lanolin or baby oil on the area dry after feeding your baby. Baby oil can relieve cracked nipples skin and help retain moisture nipple.
- Dry skin. If your skin is very dry, just apply baby oil after a shower when your skin is still wet and damp. The durability of baby oil on the skin longer than usual moisturizer. In addition, baby oil is also able to prevent the evaporation of water from the skin surface.
- Prevent eczema. In addition to afflict young children, eczema can also occur in adults. Eczema can be prevented by rubbing baby oil on dry skin after bathing.
- Baby oil can be an ingredient in cosmetics for skin highlighter, hair serum, remove eye makeup and makeup made from cream, as well as eliminating the temporary tattoos.
When buying baby oil, do not forget to read the label and it is stored carefully. In addition, note also the expiration date, if any.