Factors Causes of Premature Baby
Factors Causes of Premature Baby – Women with a history of certain diseases and habits are thought to have a premature birthing tendency. Called a premature baby, before 37 weeks of pregnancy in the mother’s womb.
Factors Causes of Premature Baby
Premature birth can be caused by various factors that are often difficult to predict. Babies born prematurely, especially those born before reaching the age of 32 weeks, often experience various health problems.
Factors That Can Cause Premature Labor
Some factors that can be the trigger of premature birth, among others :
Some cases of preterm delivery are caused by bacterial infections of the reproductive system and urinary tract. Bacteria secrete substances that can weaken the membrane around the amniotic sac and cause premature rupture of membranes. These bacteria can also cause inflammation and infection of the uterus, even when the membranes covering the uterus are intact. This condition causes the baby to be born prematurely.
The infections that can cause premature birth, include :
- Sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis.
- Urinary tract infections or asymptomatic bacteriuria are generally not accompanied by symptoms, so urine examination is necessary to detect bacteria.
Especially for those who have previously experienced preterm labor, should undergo examination and treatment of bacterial vaginosis to reduce the risk of preterm delivery.
Disease or certain conditions
People with certain diseases such as diabetes, kidney disorders, high blood pressure, anemia during pregnancy, are more at
risk of preterm labor.
In addition, problems with the placenta such as placenta previa or placental abruptio can also make the baby premature. Placenta previa is a condition when the placenta is embedded too close to the cervix or cervix.
Patients with placenta previa are prone to severe bleeding and often require caesarean section. Placental abruptio or placental abruptio is a condition when the placenta begins to separate from the uterine wall before the baby is born. This condition can endanger the life of the mother and baby.
Having a cervical structure of less than 2.5 cm, or cervical opening and closing without contractions can also cause premature birth. These abnormal cervical conditions can occur at birth or from cervical surgery.
Underwent surgery in the abdominal cavity during pregnancy, such as due to appendicitis or gallstones, also increases the risk of the baby being born prematurely.
Bad daily habits can also trigger premature births such as:
- Smoking while pregnant
- Consume alcohol or illegal drugs
- Less eating nutritious foods.
Other risk factors
There are several other specific conditions that make a woman more at risk of preterm birth, among others:
- Contains more than one baby.
- Pregnant with distance less than six months from previous pregnancy.
- Pregnancy through IVF.
- Have had an abortion or multiple miscarriages.
- Some preterm labor also tends to occur in pregnant women who have blood relationships with women who have experienced it first. In this case, genetic factors can be considered to play a role.
- Experiencing trauma, depression, violence, or injury during pregnancy. High stress causes the release of hormones that trigger contractions and premature birth.
- Body weight is less or more than normal before pregnancy.
- Taking diethylstilboestrol (DES) medication while pregnant.
- Being less than 17 or more than 35 years old during pregnancy.
- Using IUD contraception when fertilized and the IUD is still in its position during pregnancy.
- Your job type involves heavy physical activity.
- Several times have bleeding during pregnancy, especially in the last trimester.
- If you feel you have one or more risk factors for premature birth, you should immediately talk to your obstetrician for more intensive treatment to prevent premature labor.
If you feel you have one or more risk factors for preterm birth as discussed above, you should immediately talk to your obstetrician for more intensive treatment.