How To Increase Metabolism For Diet – There are several ways to increase body metabolism that is believed to reduce weight. Body metabolism is a natural biochemical process of the body that contributes to burn calories and help weight loss, in addition to diet and physical activity settings. Then, what are the ways to increase your metabolism if you want to lose weight?
How To Increase Metabolism For Diet
Having a high metabolic rate does make the body able to burn more calories, which will be followed by weight loss. High metabolic rate also makes you feel better, because the body gets enough energy to run the various functions. Perhaps this is why many people are looking for ways to increase body metabolism for weight loss diets.
Factors Affecting Calorie Burning
In addition to genetic factors, the rate of burning calories from the body’s metabolic processes is also influenced by several other factors, namely:
The older, your body will consist more of fat. The amount of muscle will be reduced, causing the process of burning calories also slowed down.
Men tend to burn more calories more than women. This is caused by more muscle mass that is owned by men.
- Body size and composition
A person who has a larger body size and has more muscle will burn more calories, even when their body is in a resting condition.
- The ability of the body to process food (thermogenesis)
- The process of digesting, absorbing, spreading, and storing food nutrients also requires calories as fuel. About 10 percent of calories will be used by the body for this food processing.
- Physical activity and sports
In addition to sports, simple activities such as playing chase with pets, walking to a stall, to the routine walk in the afternoon can also burn calories, of course, with different amounts.
Diet can not be arbitrary. Now that you know what factors affect the amount of calorie burning in the body, you can predict the structure of a diet program that suits your condition. It would be better to consult a doctor or a nutritionist.
How To Increase Body Metabolism That You Can Start Now Also
Can not wait to start dieting? Here are some ways to increase the body’s metabolism for diet that has been proven by nutrition experts through several studies.
- Improve bedtime
It turns out that lack of sleep is one of the causes of weight gain. A study showed an increase in the hormone triggers hunger in people who sleep less, and decreased hormone-causing satiety called leptin.
- More standing than sitting
Working on a report, or writing an article assignment from an office while standing for a short time, is capable of burning more calories than doing it while sitting for a long time.
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT)
- Doing exercise with rapid movement (high intensity) and moderate intensity alternately in some intervals, as a distraction during rest breaks, can increase the rate of metabolism as well as burn more calories.
Strength training by lifting weights not only burns calories but also keeps the body from losing muscles as a side effect of weight loss diet.
- Use coconut oil
Substituting oils that contain saturated fat with coconut oil for consumption does not directly affect metabolism, but coconut oil can suppress hunger for longer.
- Make sure there is always protein in every food consumed
- Protein is a type of food that burns more calories in the digestive process than carbohydrates and fats. Protein also increases the body’s metabolism by preventing the body from losing muscle mass when you diet.
- Drink plenty of water
Drinking water can increase your metabolism. Especially when the water is cold, because the body needs more calories to raise the water temperature when entering the body. In addition, drinking water before meals will make you full faster, making it easier to control the portion of the meal.
- Spicy food consumption
Spicy food enthusiasts definitely do not mind to do this one way. But you still need to pay attention to your dose and tolerance limit to spicy foods before making it part of the diet.
Increasing your metabolism to lose weight in a healthy manner can not be achieved instantly. But by improving lifestyle and with self-discipline, it can be done.