How To Remove The Right Eye Makeup – Cleaning the makeup on the eyes is more difficult than in other faces, because the skin in the eye area is very delicate and quite sensitive. Leaving eye makeup still attached while you sleep at night is not good, because it causes eye irritation and swelling. Instead, immediately clean the eye makeup, to avoid dark eye circles and wrinkles in the eye area.
How To Remove The Right Eye Makeup
Cleaning eye makeup should not be careless. You need a makeup remover or makeup remover that suits your skin condition. Here are tips on choosing the right remover for the eyes.
Like what makeup remover is safe for the eyes ?
Some eye doctors warn against wearing eye makeup that is water resistant because it is very difficult to clean. However, if you wear contact lenses, you should use eyeliner and waterproof mascara to avoid flakes or makeup residue that can enter the eye.
For a lighter makeup, you can use a regular makeup remover or a gentle facial cleanser. However, still choose a good makeup remover and formulated for use in the eye area.
When cleaning eye makeup, do not pull the eye area of the eye excessively. Also avoid facial cleanser products that contain perfume or alcohol that can also dry the eye area.
You can also use natural makeup remover
If you prefer to use natural ingredients for makeup cleaners, you can use natural oils, such as vitamin E oil, olive oil, almond oil. These materials can moisturize your eyelashes and eyelids.
What about baby oil, is it safe for the eyes ?
Some people often use baby oil to remove eye makeup, but actually it is not recommended. Why? Because the use of baby oil can trap oil, dirt, and bacteria in the eye area. The oil can seep into the eye and cause the eyes to become irritated and swollen.
How to clean the correct eye makeup
- Avoid using cotton which is rough and not solid, because the cotton fibers can get into the eye. Use a soft-textured cotton.
- Do not drag or tug at the eyelids. The skin in the eye area is very thin, so, pulling or dragging the skin of the eye can cause wrinkles and the appearance of fine lines in the area of your eye.
- Wipe the eyelids gently downwards and across the lash line, then gently sweep upwards along the front of the upper lashes. If necessary, clean the eye area twice to ensure eye cleansing from makeup.
- After cleansing eye makeup, use a gentle, hypoallergenic facial cleanser, oil-free and flavorless.
- Avoid using facial cleansers in the eye area.
- Dry slowly using a clean towel or face-specific.