Kabocha purin recipes
Kabocha purin (Pumpkin pudding)
Ingredients KABOCHA PURIN
120g pumpkin (including seeds and skin)
150 ml milk
6 tablespoons sugar
Preparation KABOCHA PURIN
- First, make a caramel sauce for the pudding. Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and a teaspoon of water in a small saucepan. Stir well. Cook on medium heat. Tilt and rotate the pan to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat when the sugar mixture begins to change color. Turn off the heat when the sauce mixture turns golden brown color. Add 2 tablespoons of hot water that is not burnt caramel sauce. Turn again the stove over low heat and cook until the liquid has thickened sauce. Remove the pan from the stove.
- Cut the pumpkin into four parts and use a spoon to discard the seeds and pulp. Steam the pumpkin for about 10 minutes until tender. If no steamer you can boil the pumpkins. Pumpkin skewer with a fork or skewer, if easily penetrated means pumpkins already tender.
- Use a spoon to take the pumpkin flesh from the skin. The skin will not be used. Enter the pumpkin flesh into a bowl and blended evenly with a spoon. In a separate bowl, mix 3 tablespoons sugar in 150 milliliters of milk. Stir well. Break the eggs in a separate bowl and beat well other until no parts are left white. You can use the chopsticks to whisk the eggs. Gradually enter the sugar and milk mixture into the egg, stirring. Filter the mixture, then gradually enter the milk and egg mixture into the pumpkin that has been crushed and stir every mix the ingredients.
- Put water into the steamer and cook until boiling. For pudding mixture into 4 small bowls of pudding mold with a depth of about 2 to 3 centimeters. Pudding mold insert directly into the steamer, and place a clean cloth over the steamer then closed. Steamed over medium heat for one minute, then slightly loosen the lid and continue steaming steamer pot over low heat for about 12 to 15 minutes. Note the steaming process to ensure there is steam coming from the steamer pot lid gap. This is a tip to keep the heat in the steamer is not too high.
- Plugs pudding with a fork or skewer, if formed hole means the pudding is ready. Allow the pudding in the steamer with a clean cloth stretched over kukusannya. Then chill the pudding for a while in the refrigerator. Serve the pudding with caramel sauce poured over it.