Karinto Recipes japanese snack
Ingredients Karinto Recipes (for 4 People)
(To make the dough)
- 100 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 15 g brown sugar (if not available, use white sugar)
- 10 ml vegetable oil
(For the icing)
- 70 g sugar
- pinch of salt
Vegetable oil for frying
Preparation Karinto Recipes
- First make the dough. Use a spoon to mix 100 g flour with 1 teaspoon baking powder in the bowl. Use a sieve to sift into a different cup. Chopped 15 g brown sugar and put in another cup. Dissolve the sugar by stirring in 45 ml of hot water. Enter 10 ml of vegetable oil and then add the sifted flour together with baking powder. Use a spatula to stir into batter. Then use your hands to knead the dough for about 2 minutes, until the dough flat. A little extra flour if the dough is too sticky. Wrap the dough in plastic and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle a cutting board with a little flour and use hands to squeeze and shape the dough into a square shape, approximately 1 cm thick. Use the rolling pin to thin the dough into about 5 mm thick. Cut the dough into slices width of 5 cm. Then cut the slices into smaller size of 5 cm x 5 mm.
- Enter the vegetable oil in a deep fryer to as high as 3 cm. Heat the oil to 175 ° C and put the dough slices one by one. Fry for about 3-4 minutes. Fried slices of dough gradually if it does not have much oil. Increase the fire just before lifting the trunks of the fried batter. Lift using wire sieve, move it to the tray.
- Enter 70 g brown sugar that has been chopped, 4 tablespoons of water and a pinch of salt into a frying pan and simmer for about 30 seconds until dissolved. Then blown into a flame and boil over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes, until the mixture becomes syrupy, wagging a frying pan.
- Turn off the heat and insert rods fried dough, make sure coated entirely with a mixture that has become the syrup. Then turn it on again the fire and boil over medium heat until the liquid is boiling. Lift the dough that has been coated rods into a tray that had already dilaburi a little vegetable oil. Separate rods. When it’s cold and the layers are dry, the rods ready to eat.