Lemon Raisin Cake Recipes Healthy For Diabetes Patients – Who says diabetics should not eat cake? Sweet cake is one of the foods most avoided by people with diabetes. Yes, the sugar content in a very high sweet cake can indeed make blood sugar levels of diabetics soaring up. But, do not get discouraged, for you cake enthusiasts, but also have diabetes, you can try the creation of the following low-sugar pastry recipe: Lemon Raisin Cake.
Lemon Raisin Cake Recipes Healthy For Diabetes Patients
Some ways to reduce the sugar content in the cake
Cakes usually contain high sugar and calories. This makes the person who eats it is afraid of rising blood sugar or weight gain. However, it turns out the cake you can kreasikan so it can reduce the content of sugar and calories, without worrying the delicacy of the cake is reduced.
Here are some ways you can do to reduce the sugar content in the cake:
- Replace white sugar with low-calorie and low-sugar sweeteners. For example, replace half a sugar recipe with a sweetener or a sweetener stevia sucralosa.
- Replace sugar with fruits, like bananas. Sweet fruits can be added or become the basis to give sweet taste to replace sugar. Fruits can also be added as toppings, rather than using toppings of cream or chocolate.
- Add also sour fruit, such as lemons. Acids may lower the glycemic index of food, so it can reduce the effect of these foods on blood sugar levels.
- You can also replace wheat flour with oatmeal flour or oats, so the cakes you make are healthier and contain more fiber. Fiber can slow the absorption of sugar in the body so that blood sugar levels do not jump up immediately after eating the cake.
Recipe low sugar cake for diabetics
Now you do not have to worry if you want to eat cake. You can create your own low-sugar cookies to be safe for your blood sugar. Well, here is one of the low-sugar cake recipe that you can try to make at home, quoted by BBC Food.
Lemon Raisin Cake
- 120 grams of pure coconut oil or low fat liquid margarine
- 150 gr bananas mashed
- 1 large lemon (grab the juice and grated skin)
- 120 grams of crushed oats
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 25 gr potato flour or corn flour
- 100 gr raisins (sultanas)
How to make :
- Combine pure coconut oil or liquid margarine with mashed bananas. Stir well.
- Then, add with lemon juice and grated lemon rind to taste. Stir well.
- Add the pulp oats to the dough. Stir back until well blended.
- In a separate place, mix the eggs with baking powder. Then, put this ingredient into the dough. Stir well.
- Add dough with potato flour or corn flour. Then, mix well.
- Finally, put the raisins into the dough and stir until the mixture is evenly mixed.
- Add the finished dough to the baked sheet with margarine.
- Bake batter for 30-35 minutes in oven with temperature 180C / 350F.
- After the cake is cooked, let it cool first. And then serve. This cake can be served for 6 people.