It’s List Foods That Could Cause Acne
It’s List of Foods That Could Cause Acne – You may know that what you eat can affect your health. Eat foods rich in calcium both for your bones, and eat foods rich in vitamin A good for your eyes. So, what do you think about your skin? Is there really a cause of acne foods? Let’s find the answer below.
It’s List of Foods That Could Cause Acne
1. Sweet foods
In the past, studies have shown that what you eat has no impact on acne. You do not have to care about what you eat because there is no such thing as acne-causing food. However, recent studies have given different results.
If you often eat foods containing sugar or sweet foods, blood sugar levels will increase, and the body becomes to have to release more insulin to change this additional sugar. Several studies have shown that insulin can affect your acne condition.
Diets that are high in simple carbohydrates (like sugar and foods high in sugar) can make your acne more prevalent. According to the results of a study, diet with foods that have a low glycemic load can improve the symptoms of inflamed acne. This glycemic load is different from the glycemic index.
To ensure your diet remains healthy and keeps you away from acne, there are a few tips to follow:
- You should eat foods with a low glycemic index (below 55) such as whole wheat bread, brown rice, or corn chips without salt.
- You can combine foods with the high glycemic index you like, with low glycemic index foods for a balanced diet.
- You have to divide the portion of your big meal into several small meals. You can also eat more often, but with smaller portions.
- Vegetables and fruits are good for your blood sugar levels.
2. Oily food
Eating oily foods such as pizza, burgers, fries, potato chips, and fried foods, can make oil glands in the skin produce more oil. This extra oil contributes to the growth of acne. However, you do not have to get rid of this food. You just have to limit eating these foods and washing your face regularly.
Fatty acids in oily foods can also increase inflammation, making acne that already exists on the face getting worse.
The relationship between acne and milk is not clear. However, some studies have shown that milk and dairy products such as cheese and butter can make you breakouts, or make your acne worse.
Milk contains something related to the sex hormone testosterone. This hormone triggers the oil glands, making a good preparation for the appearance of acne.
Although there is no clear evidence that milk causes acne, you can try to stop consuming milk and milk products for some time, then look at the effect on the skin. If indeed this way is suitable for your skin, please continue.
However, milk and milk products contain many good nutrients for the body like vitamin D and calcium, so be careful when you choose not to use milk and dairy products :
- Try a small amount of milk and check your acne condition. If acne does not get worse, you do not need to get rid of dairy products from your diet.
- Try different types of dairy products. Some people feel better when using yogurt.
- Use other calcium sources, such as kale, broccoli.
What you eat affects your health. Your health condition is visible from your skin. Unhealthy fats, milk, or sugar can be the cause of acne if your skin type is already acne breakouts. Therefore, you should check your diet and start to eat healthier.