How to Make Bengkoang Mask to Whiten Face – Bengkoang mask or bengkuang is a natural recipe that has been practiced for generations of beauty care, especially facial skin. Long before the invention of lotions and facial bleach creams, the natural face mask of bengkoang was already popular especially among noble women.
How to Make Bengkoang Mask to Whiten Face
In addition to bengkoang, there are many other natural ingredients commonly used as a mask. For example there are avocado masks, rice, tomatoes, honey, bananas, papaya and so forth. Even the most popular one is the egg white mask. However, bengkoang masks can not be replaced. Because, the benefits are already no doubt. And of course every ingredient has different properties.
Before known as the ingredients for making natural masks, bengkoang itself is a tuber that is usually eaten because it tastes sweet and refreshing. Bengkoang has the Latin name Pachyrhizus erosus and belongs to the family of Fabaceae aka legumes. This plant comes from the Americas. The Javanese call it Besusu, while the Sundanese call it Bangkuang.
How to Make Bengkoang Mask
Making your own bengkoang mask at home is actually not too difficult. It’s just that many are lazy because think ribet. In fact, it’s a bit complicated anyway. But the result is better and without side effects.
In the making, bengkoang can be mixed with other nutritious natural ingredients. For example with pure honey, rose water, and rice flour. Here is a tutorial how to make bengkoang mask is quite easy.
- Take a medium-sized yam, peel the skin and then wash it clean.
- Cut the yam into two parts, then shredded.
- Squeeze the grated bengkoang and store the water in a clear bowl.
- Allow the juice of the bengkoang for one hour until there are parts of the pest which settles like flour.
- Separate the juice of yam with the flour that is at the bottom of the face. This flour will be used as a mask or cold powder.
- Apply the precipitate of bengkoang flour on the face using mask brush.
- Leave on for a few minutes until the mask dries by itself.
- Rinse face with clean water and dry with a soft towel. Remember, do not rub your face because it will irritate.