Recipes Kinoko gohan (rice fungus)
Ingredients Recipes Kinoko gohan
- 300 g of rice (you can use Japanese rice or rice fluffier)
- 100 g of shimeji mushrooms
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- 80 g potato
- 50 g carrots
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce or shoyu
Preparation Kinoko gohan
- First wash the rice. Enter 300 grams of rice into a strainer and dip it in a bowl of water. Use your hands to stir the grains of rice several times. Lift the filter out of the bowl filled with water and squeeze grains of rice by hand in a strainer. Do this 10 times. Change the water in the bowl and insert the filter to rinse rice. Change the water if it is milky white rice and rinse again. Lift the filter out of the bowl, drain the rice for about 10 minutes.
- Add rice to the pan containing 400 ml of water and soak for 30 minutes to allow the water to seep through to the middle of the rice grain.
- Cut off and discard the stem ends of shimeji mushrooms. Separate mushrooms. Cut off and discard stems shiitake mushrooms, cut a thin strip size umbrella with a width of 5 mm. Place the mushrooms in a colander and rinse quickly and then shake filter to get rid of excess water.
- Wash the potatoes evenly. Cut a round with a thickness of 1 cm, and then cut into 1 cm cubes. Soak the diced potatoes in the water that does not change color
- Peel the carrots and cut into pieces with a size of 4 cm, sliced lengthwise into thin strips. Stack the strips of carrot pieces and start from the end of sliced thinner.
- Stir 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce or shoyu with rice in a saucepan. Then place vegetables and mushrooms on top of rice. Do not stir. Cover the pan and simmer over medium heat.
- When it is boiling and the steam out of the outskirts of the lid of the pot, letting it settle for 30 seconds. Then reduce the heat and tanak again for 12 minutes. Do not open the lid the pot in this process.
- After 12 minutes turn off the flame. Remained closed saucepan and let stand for about 10 minutes. Only then lift the lid and use a wet wooden spatula to stir the rice that has now become the rice in a large round three times, make sure the mixture reaches the bottom of the pan. The menu is now ready to be served.